Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a little project...

My walls are boring...i'll be honest. I wish that i could say that i have a real eye for decorating. Sometimes i think i do but then that usually falls short a couple months later when i realize that what i did looks totally retarded and pull it all down or change it seconds before company comes over. That said, i'm trying to be creative. I want art on my walls. I love paintings. I think they are so beautiful but they are also so expensive. So i took matters into my own hands and created my own art and started "painting".
For those of you who care (probably no one) I took a few pictures of the process. I wanted it to be a similar idea to this.


And this is how mine turned out. I'm quite proud of it actually!



It was super easy. A little time consuming but super super easy. I started off with 3 canvases. You can get them at michael's and pay a pretty penny OR you can go to Christmas Tree Shop and get 3 of the same size canvases as the ones at michael's for 4 or 5 bucks. I did that and just painted over them. WAY cheaper and looks the same!


Anyway, after I did that I projected the image i wanted onto a poster and then cut it it out. Just like doing a sillouette. After that I painted over everything. This was the first coat of the painting process.

Ugly huh??


Oh but i love it now!!
Here is it in all it's glory..aka. our livingroom:)



Nice hey?

Also we painted a few of the rooms in our house. So for those of you who wanted to see...here's our dining room. It's my favorite! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!


And our bedroom...which i hated at first and it's grown on me a lot. We also changed up our curtains and being the domestic i am..even made a curtain for our closet...Who knew?!


Cute hey?!


And lastly our beloved sunroom. I like the room enough. I would have liked it more if it had white trim. Alas, another job another time.


Well sorry for the ridiculously long post. Just wanted to fill ya'll in!

Until next time..

3 comments:

  1. love the new painting! nice work! look forward to seeing it in person this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is just gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog, your little daughter is just adorable! Enjoy your evening!
    Take care
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You have a great eye and good sense for decor!

    ReplyDelete